Sunday, January 17, 2010

Assorted thoughts

1) Everyone should read Born To Run. It is my new favorite book (yes, surpassing Once A Runner). I got it on Christmas and finished reading it the same day, then read it again on the 30th. If you can't afford it, I will send cash in an envelope to you so you can buy it. It's so good.

2) I'm in Pomona, CA until sometime in February (probably). So if you are also in Southern California, contact me so we can run together or just hang out. I'm free like all the time (I completed a jigsaw puzzle last week and have almost mastered the Rubik's Cube).

3) You guys got any races coming up? Or any other goals? My current goal is to get to 140 miles per week. I really do think it's very possible to be there in two or three months. For some reason I stupidly asserted that I won't get a haircut until I run 140 miles in 1 week, so I guess I'll probably end up making some cancer patient really happy.

-Luke.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me - I loaned my dad Once A Runner and haven't gotten it back yet. I was bugging him about reading it, I'm not sure if he finished it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea compiling assorted thoughts. I read the interview on the Born to Run amazon page. I remember seeing an interview about these runners on the Daily Show a few months ago, it was probably this author. "wraps with hummus mid-run" - yippee!

    In fact, I'm up at 9am here in Florida and think reading that might have inspired me to go for my first lone run in too long. Here we go.

    ReplyDelete