Friday, January 22, 2010

Chris - 4.2

32:26 - 7:43 pace

Lunch run with my coworker Mike. He had told me he was running a 9 min pace yesterday, but as soon as we left I told him we were running a little over 8 min pace. It's a fairly cool route that we ran, you follow the busy road for a bit and then peel off into a path that you follow out to a school & baseball field and then head back. With about a half mile left he picked up the pace quite a bit, and you know I wasn't going to let him drop me, so I tucked in behind him and sucked it up. I didn't feel good during any part of this run - I was tired before we started since I had ran on Wednesday and then played basketball for 2 hours last night. My knee did fairly decent. It was tightening up and bothering me a bit, but not so bad that it slowed me down much. Then the last .1 I put in an extra kick and left him in my dust, finishing with a sprint up the driveway to the sidewalk that we started from. Boo yah. I was dead in the afternoon, but I think I could get used to these lunch runs....

No comments:

Post a Comment