Thursday, February 4, 2010

Luke - 17

17mi, 2:13:07 (7:48)
I'm in San Francisco with my brother, so this run started out on the sidewalks of the steep uphills and downhills of the city. Also it is uncharacteristically rainy and windy. Anyway I ran to Golden Gate Park and was feeling good enough that I figured I could run to the beach and the whole way back here instead of just cutting it short and taking the bus back (in my rain-drenched running clothes). That would have put me at 12 or 13, but I got turned around coming out of the park and ended up taking 17th Avenue instead of 17th Street, and went a couple miles in the wrong direction. The good news is I made it back using the maps at bus stops, and I kept my pace up pretty well the whole time (except on the stupid concrete downhills where I couldn't run). So, woo, seventeen miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment