Saturday, January 15, 2011

Luke - 13

13mi, 1:48:10 (8:19)
Ran up Spencer's Butte with Zack. The time and distance don't quite line up because the end of the first half of the run was just mountain and was more scramble than run. Zack left his watch off during that section; I turned it off and on as I switched between climbing and running, and ended up with seven extra minutes. Anyway I rounded down on the mileage and up on the time.
The run started like Fox Hollow, and I took it somewhat easy for 9:24 up that hill, and then the next two miles were also uphill. I was feeling pretty good so I bounded off ahead of Zack for some parts. At the top the wind was coming over the other side of the Butte, and there were some really strong gusts as we stopped at the top for a quick gel. It was getting dark by the time we started descending, but we managed to keep up a pretty good pace and still stay safe as it turned to night while we were still in the woods. Oh also it had been raining all day so there were some slick parts as well. 7:50 down Fox Hollow, and then at the bottom I was feeling real good so Zack and I went along Rexius at 6:45 pace or so. At 3/4mi to go on that trail I took off and ran quarters of 91 (through 3" deep mud puddles most of the way), 90, and 86. Took it pretty easy the last 1.5 and walked in the door to the smell of the soup I had made in the crockpot...a perfect dinner after an epic run.

No comments:

Post a Comment