Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chris - 5

45:46 - 9:09 pace

Ran with Jeeni after work. She hasn't run much since the marathon, but she did an admirable job keeping up since I was wanting to push the pace a bit. My goal is to run >30 miles this week, then get around 40 next week, then do an interval workout either next week or the week after. The guys I work with are also planning to run 'the first annual gentleman's mile' - in which we would basically run a 4x400 relay, with me running the first and last laps for my team and someone on the other team doing the same thing. They are basically waiting for me to be fully recovered from the marathon, so that should happen in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Does the name relate to doing it that way, or do you just only have 3 guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to participate in a gentleman's mile! On a similar note, I bet the Some Runners could put together a solid 4 x 1 mile team....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that would be fun. Though if we're trying to do our best, I suppose I'd be on the bench... praying for a mild injury to strike one of you... mwah hah hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No the name doesn't have to do with only having 3 guys, I think they just made it up to sound more fun than "4x400 relay".

    ReplyDelete