Saturday, July 23, 2011

James - 3

29:23

Ran around the complex just over 5 times - at 1am! I had just spent the two hours between 10 and 12 doing dishes (and they're still not all done) and my feet hurt. But I wanted to get 4 runs for the week and by god get over 10 miles. I think I got over 11. Don't deprive me because it was technically Sunday, please Luke!

I think going every 2 days will be my new goal. Trying to recapture my old 3-days-a-week routine that I had in Manchester hasn't taken off at all (it worked then because of the job schedule I had) and this way, there will be 4 runs one week and 3 in the next. Two of my best English friends, Gary and Luke, recently told me they're in training for a 10K next May. Gary trained me when I first started running, and has since fallen out of practice due to the 9-to-5 slog. It's inspiring and exciting to be getting back on the horse at the same time! The horse that runs.

4 comments:

  1. I have just done the sums and assuming he hasn't got any more updates this week, it looks like Chris beat me by 0.25 miles. BALLS.

    For a while before Luke came in with 6 updates it looked like I might win! Ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted 2 more runs. Better luck next time chap! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always count late runs like that as the same day. The next day starts when you sleep and then wake up. Or at like 3am, if you pull an all-nighter or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness that I fell on the right side of the arbitrary time! :P Nah of course that's reasonable from both sides of the spectrum, thanks Luke.

    It's okay Chris - I'm glad I didn't figure it out beforehand, kill myself getting an extra 0.3 miles and then find out about your extra runs!

    ReplyDelete