Thursday, July 28, 2011

Luke - 10.35

10.35mi, 82:07 (7:56)
Fox Hollow plus the 1.6-mile loop at the top. Felt pretty good to start out, went 8:13 up and 7:07 down. The last couple miles were a bit slower. First 3+ miles were with Zack, who just did the Rexius 6.5. We are both racing on Saturday evening. The race is in Beaverton (just outside Portland)--Chris, I figured you wouldn't really be in 5k shape, but if you want to come watch, it's at the Nike campus. Beer and entertainment post-race. Some details here--if you check out last year's results, you'll see that I will have no shortage of competition.

5 comments:

  1. damn lots of sub 16 and sub 15 times. whats your A goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about it, the Bowerman 5k. My neighbor is running in it - he said there's some great deals on shoes after the race. I was going to sign up for it but I already committed to going to the beach for the weekend with some friends. What does 5k 'shape' mean? I would destroy my 5k PR I would think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke likely referred to you just finishing up a marathon a few weeks back and might not have run too many tempos/intervals/anything quick to put you into "5k shape". That being said, you potentially could run very quick! People respond much differently I would guess after a marathon.

    Regardless, have fun at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I guess that's true...after two of my marathons I was not in good shape to go short, but a week after the last one I ran my 3200 PR solo.

    Steve, my A goal is 15:45, my B goal is sub-16, and my C goal is to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that's probably somewhat true. I did a couple tempo-ish runs this week, but I'm definitely not where I want to be by the time Hood to Coast rolls around.

    ReplyDelete