Sunday, December 11, 2011

James - 3.8

36:44

After preparing and eating a vegetarian English breakfast I really felt like running outside (hours later of course). Luckily we were invited to a park with a friend and her dog. It's a big, beautiful park that we've been to before but I don't think I've ever run in it.

This was unexpectedly far. I tried to follow the designated walking/cycling path, but there were too many forks in the road and I think I lost it. Anyway it was exciting to know there is so much more to explore on future runs.

Some teenagers tossed a stick in front of me and said "fetch." I managed a "ha ha. cock." These stories used to be more interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe they were British and they were calling you cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like James and Chris seem to get harassed a lot when they run. I don't have the same issue for some reason. I haven't been called a fag or gotten a "Run Forrest Run" for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also what exactly is a vegetarian English breakfast? I feel this is a good opportunity to make fun of English cooking, but I don't know what direction to take it in. English muffin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah Luke.

    English Muffins are not actually English, and have only just started to appear over there. But we do love them. The great Cary Grant started an English Muffin Appreciation Society after an American hotel tried to rip him off on them.

    Our breakfast consisted of baked beans, toast and jam, grilled tomato, tator tots and English (Indian) tea. I threw in a burger pattie for me and scrambled eggs for Alison. Not only has it been translated into veggie, it's been translated somewhat into American (tots!), so it's not totally traditional. Usually there's bacon, black pudding, and all sorts of other vile stuff.

    You may make fun of English cooking. I am rather happy with our lack of culinary care. It gives us more time to create awesome music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So in Alison's bio it says she is a vegan. Does that mean she's no longer a vegan or was it vegan scrambled eggs?

    ReplyDelete