Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Steve - 5.1

47:03 (9:25)

Ran in my neighborhood. Usual route. I suppose this is my Magneto Run. I usually do 4.28 or 5.1 on this run. There is a small dirt trail that goes to the beach that is .41 miles. So if I do one out-and-back on it, that puts me at 4.28. I did 2 on this day. At least when I do it increases the percentage of the run done on soft ground to 1.64/5.1 to 32% instead of 19%. So an interesting note about the dirt path that goes down to the beach is it has construction cones there for a few weeks now saying it's closed. Naturally I ignore them and run there anyways. When it rained and was really windy a while back a lot of the dirt blew away. I really have no idea what the construction is they are doing though. There is one steeplechase like barrier on the path that is about 1/2 the height of a regular steeplechase barrier. I feel like a slower version of Luke Vaughn when I leap over it. Another note on this run is that my foot (the surgically repaired one) hurt a lot. Not good.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your foot Steve. :(

    Who cares what the construction is for? Whether it benefits the community, creates dust, noise and disruption, or is a waste of money? It's creating jobs and 'growing the economy,' which of course is why we were all put on this Earth.

    ReplyDelete