Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Steve - 7

58:17 (8:19)

Ran with the Nike run club in Santa Monica. There was a decent turnout but I was the only person that signed up for the 7 mile run. They have 3,5 and 7 with a pace leader for each. The pace leader said we could run whatever I pace I wanted. We started out pretty easy and then ran a progressively faster pace for the remainder, enabled by the slight downhill finish. About half on dirt as usual for these club runs. This was my longest run in quite some time and both my feet are hurting the day after.

Oh now it's time for a call to action to our group at large. I have signed up for one of the fastest 5k road races in the country. It's the Carlsbad 5000 and it takes place on April 1. It's very deep and has lots of faster runners. I think in the 29 and under category last year 10 or so guys were under 15 minutes. There is also an elite division. Carlsbad is just outside San Diego, but it'd be cool if any of you guys could come out for it. Very fast course. It's also close to Legoland, which I plan to check out with the wife, who is also running. I mentioned to Luke already and he is a Maybe. I'm hoping perhaps Zack or Chris will be willing to come out for it, or heck maybe even James and Alison!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I wish! Good luck paceman, I admire your high aspirations!

    ReplyDelete