Sunday, December 25, 2011

Steve - 6.3

50 (7:58)

I'm in Colorado for a few days for Christmas. Ran with my brother at ~6000 feet altitude. We had a pretty small Christmas. Instead of giving meaningless crap to people, we did donations to worthwhile causes and some small presents. I did receive one running, moisture-wicking type shirt. It was like 30 degrees when we ran so it was a bit different from what I am used to do. With the cold and the altitude I was just glad to get a solid run in. I tried out my brother's old HR monitor but it didn't really work. It said my HR was 162 from the very start and kept cutting off. I wouldn't mind having a HR monitor but it seems like a pain to get them work right with getting the sensor wet and stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, HR monitors even on treadmills never seem to work right. They seem designed for people going very slowly (compared to us) who are walking solely for health reasons.

    Can you tell us about any of the causes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh I'm not really sure. I just know most treadmills advise for one's safety to not use the built in HR monitor while going faster than 4mph. It's so awkward anyway I never really tried.

    ReplyDelete