Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chris - 6.3

58:25 - 9:16 pace

Did this run with Jeeni, starting from her apartment complex in Lake Oswego. She actually lives in the same complex that I did a few years ago, so it was fun to be back on my old stomping grounds. I had no idea how I was going to feel doing this distance since I haven't done a route this long since October. We just did the old out & back route I used to do that goes past my old high school. We modified the route to run through the HS grounds looking for a water fountain, with no success. I think I felt a little better than her toward the end, she said her legs were getting sluggish on the way back. Apparently basketball does help a bit with staying in decent running shape! I know we didn't run a particularly quick pace, but hey 6 miles is 6 miles right? I need to start running more regularly though. I'm doing another 6 week basketball season with the guys I work with, so I don't want to be way behind her in marathon training by the time I'm done playing in bball leagues for the year.

splits: 30:30 - 27:54

2 comments: