Thursday, March 3, 2011

Steve - 5

42:34 (8:30)

I really wanted to get in a run on Tuesday or Thursday this week. Those are my two toughest days of the week. I have class after work until 9:30. So my choice is to run very early or very late. Well I couldn't do early, so I ended up doing late, thanks partially to the encouragements of one Bill Rodgers via Luke Vaughn:

"The most difficult part, when you decide to make running a part of your life style, is the basic initial commitment. Everybody says, 'I don't have the time.' It's up to you to say, 'I do have the time.' For me, beginning to run when I was a student was an ideal situation. However, I've also trained as much as 130 miles per week during periods when I worked a full-time job. It ultimately becomes second nature. It becomes a habit, a routine part of your daily life."

So I ended up doing about 5 miles in the darkness at Griffith Park. Didn't feel great but I got the miles in.

3 comments:

  1. I have been considering more darkness runs. Sounds like you are both all over it. That the trail I run on is supposedly out of bounds when it's dark makes it seem more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh a headlamp is advisable for the pitch black sections...although sometimes I see guys running without them in the dark

    ReplyDelete