Monday, March 14, 2011

Luke - 14.5

14.5mi, 2:08:58 (8:53)
For my birthday I wanted a nice epic run, so from work I headed up to the hills like last week. Unlike last week, however, this morning I took the turnoff that goes up to the butte. I stopped my watch at the place I usually turn around and hiked/boulder-scrambled the rest of the way to the very top. There's a pretty good view from where I usually turn around, but from the top the view is insane. It's the highest point in at least a ten-mile radius, so you get 360ยบ of being able to see a long way out. I gave a cooee at the top and then headed down, over a couple trails that were covered in tree bits from yesterday's storm. A couple miles from home my legs started feeling it, probably in part because I was quite hungry. When I got home I ate five large cinnamon rolls to make up for the deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment