Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Luke - 12

12mi, 1:46:05 (8:50)
Last night Zack and I were discussing whether we wanted to run Fox Hollow in the morning or the evening, and I said there was also the option of me picking him up in my taxi at 6am and driving to where I drop the cab off and running the long, hard, fun way home. To my surprise he said "Let's go for it," so we did. Wind and rain accompanied us from the 6:15am start, which of course is a mile of relative flat followed by five miles of uphill. We took it pretty easy, but that doesn't mean it was easy. We stopped for Zack to tie his shoe and have a GU (poetry!) about a mile from the top, which served to stiffen our legs up a bit. My stomach started hurting at about halfway, but it got a bit better after a pit-stop. 7:52 down Fox Hollow. A mile or two from the end, the endorphins were getting us drunk, me especially. I got the giggles about a quarter-mile from home and had a tough time going on.
This is definitely a tough run, and Zack can now appreciate just how tough it is. A good start to my weekend, and all finished before 8:15am.

1 comment:

  1. (Until you respond to the other comment, I shall assume the G in GU stands for 'gel,' and imagine even more bizarre explanations. Poetry eh?)

    Holy shit!

    Hard run! Good going guys. Ridiculous conditions and the causing of giggle are great lust-for-life measurements!

    ReplyDelete