Saturday, October 15, 2011

James - 3.1

30:50

On top of everything else I started to catch a cold from Alison yesterday, so I ran to try and head it off. I was sweating an unusual amount so hopefully that was a good sign.

I also had my first energy gel. We finally found some a few weeks ago after looking and failing for ages (then of course saw them in like 2 other places), but I wanted to be in better shape so I could more accurately see how they felt. It was a banana Hammer one. It tasted okay, and I am sure it helped with me feeling run down. Squeezing mush out of a metallic tube whilst running was hard not too easy though. Do you guys normally eat them when you're taking a rest?

3 comments:

  1. I usually take a gel when stopped if possible, yes. I do try now and then to take one on the run, as practice for races, though really I'd only have one in a race if it was a marathon. I also need to practice taking water or Gatorade while running fast, as I had trouble doing that in the half marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that because on my shorter runs of 25 - 4- mins it wouldn't have time to kick in? Should I bother at this level?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're for activity over 45 minutes or something. In training I only take them on runs of over ~12 miles.

    ReplyDelete