Monday, October 17, 2011

James - 3.1

~34:00

Beach wedding yesterday. Free booze. Took advantage of it.
I feel alright today but I expect to feel the difference during the run. On the other hand, my back, dare I say it, feels entirely better. I did not feel spectacular but normalcy was pretty exciting.

Until.

Lap 5 of 5. I need to cough up because of my mild illness. It turns into a mini-vomit. I stop briefly. Then - and I am hesitant to admit this - I started to go faster, and it was manageable. Then I decided to do a fast last lap. I am speeding up and up. The pain does not control me. This is what it used to be like. I am president of this! That first haircut since July really helped! I AM BACK! THE HEAD-ON WIND SERVES ONLY TO COOL ME, I AM FEARLESS. COME ON FUCKER, YEAH! I can't wait to see how fast this last lap is it's going to be a scorcher...

Somewhere around minute 32 the stopwatch must have gotten reset.

3 comments:

  1. Ha we'll assume you were around 4:00 mile pace.


    P.S. Love posts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed this post also!

    ReplyDelete