Thursday, October 27, 2011

Luke - 9.25

23' w/u
1600m on the track in 5:22 (74, 82, 81, 84)
1:45 jog from the track to the bark loop
1 Mile on bark in 5:14
1:56 jog from the bark loop to the track
1600m on the track in 5:02 (77, 74, 76, 73)
25' c/d

Worked out with a bunch of people, which is so much better than alone. Josh Gordon was there doing the same times as me (my plan was 5:20/5:20/5:00) so on the track ones we alternated leading laps (the first one he led laps 1 and 3 and the the last one I led those laps). On the first one he went out a bit fast and then we overcompensated a little on the remainder. The one on the bark was pretty even I think, I didn't take splits but I looked at my watch at the quarters and I think we did something like 81, 78, 78, 77 or so. The rest between the second and last one seemed really short, so I struggled a bit just at the beginning of it. On the last lap, Josh was leading and I wanted to go slightly faster than we were moving, so on the backstretch I pulled up almost next to him, and he sped up like I'd wanted...but then of course I couldn't hang. I still don't have much speed, so these interval workouts are good to be doing. Anyway he pulled away a bit over the last 200m...I was able to keep my speed going for the whole thing so he ended up about a second in front of me and pulled me along to a nice time.
After a cooldown with a half-dozen other people, Zack and I went home and watched the second half of game 6 of the World Series (a CRAZY game) and had pizza and beer.

1 comment:

  1. damn nice workout. groups help so much for track /speed workouts...

    ReplyDelete