Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Luke - 7.75

7.75mi, 60:00 (7:44)
After Neuschwanstein we took the train back to Munich and this time we knew how to take the subway to get back to my sister's place. When we got in they were making Japanese curry, which was a perfect meal after the day's hike. The next day we headed to the English Garden again for a nice hour-long run (we made sure to stop at exactly sixty minutes and zero seconds because we are weird).
We were thinking of heading to the German Museum, the world's largest museum of technology and science, but we got up pretty late and really would need more than a couple hours to take that in, so we instead headed to the University district and walked around. There were so many bookstores that it was ridiculous; we found an English-language one and Zack got a cool book for his girlfriend. We walked around downtown a bit too (past shops with $10,000+ watches) before heading back to my sister's. For our last night in town we treated my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to dinner at a nice little Bavarian restaurant. Afterward I tried to get a picture of my nephew in a Mariners hat I'd bought him, but it was pretty tough since he hates hats (probably because he has amazing curly blond hair). Then he got put to bed and the adults had drinks and played a game of Carcasonne. I should mention that I won--not to brag, but for journalistic accuracy.

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for amazing curly blond hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool sounding book and game! I like the meeples.

    Afterward I tried to get a picture of my nephew in a Mariners hat I'd bought him, but it was pretty tough since he hates hats

    Oh the laughs. Luke there is no-one like you.

    ReplyDelete