Monday, June 20, 2011

Luke - 10

10mi, 74:55 (7:29)
1.6-mile loop in 12:11, 1.4-mile loop in 10:13, then two miles barefoot on the grass. Wore no shirt, purple* short shorts, and pink shoes. There was some football camp going on so a bunch of high schoolers were crossing the footbridge in the opposite direction of me, so I got a few comments. The run itself was pretty all right, stomach was going but everything else was good.

*They're blue and red but everyone thinks they're purple since they try to look at them from as far away as possible.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you did some prancing in reaction to their comments. Or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw him post-run and while I typically don't care about running attire, this outfit was out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i think we're going to have see pics of this glorious outfit. Zack, if Luke is unwilling, I trust you will be able to snap a picture when Luke is unawares. on a different note i just ordered Once A Runner from Amazon today..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I'm willing. Next time I wear it I'll try to remember to get some glam shots for you. I can send you the original-size files so you can print them out on large poster-quality paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah. Can you also autograph said poster?

    The first time I read your post and you mentioned you were crossing a foot bridge with football guys around, I feared the worst: that somehow one of them would toss the weirdo in a purple and pink outfit into the river.

    ReplyDelete