Friday, June 24, 2011

Luke - 13

13mi, 97:48 (7:31)
To the top of Skinner's Butte for the first time in a couple months. Zack joined me for the first 3+ miles (the flat part). 8:23 up Fox Hollow, and kept up a pretty good effort all the way to the turnaround point. Stopped my watch at the usual place and hiked up to the very top, looked around, then hiked back down. I'm close enough to having the route to the top figured out that pretty soon I'll be able to actually run all the way to the cement slab that has a 360ยบ view of Oregon (and it'll add a mile or so to the run). On the way down I absolutely killed it, just felt really really strong and was flying around switchbacks and over rollers. My three splits from the top of Fox Hollow to the turnaround were ~7', ~8', and ~4' going up, and ~2:30, ~5', and ~4:45 for the same three (disrespectively) going down. 5:49 down Fox Hollow, and then the last 3+ miles I did fairly slowly (~7:45 pace). Tomorrow's plan is an easy double to bring my weekly total to right around 80 miles!

4 comments:

  1. Chris did a marathon on Saturday, Zack never posts any more but his mileage has been in the 50s lately, Alison and James are currently eloping, and I had this going on. And you're injured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha for some reason i laughed quite a bit when reading your line telling me that I am injured. fyi, i'm walking normal now, almost 7 weeks since surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This conversation made me laugh. I'm glad we didn't miss much! I'm about to make the best update ever, though.

    ReplyDelete