Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Luke - 3.75

The plan was a 5-mile tempo on the bark loop at 6:00/mi pace. Jogged to the trail and waited a few minutes for the people I'd be running with, then warmed up two 1k loops and one mile loop with them. Started off and felt pretty good, just let them go at it and hung right behind them. Came through 1200m on pace, then about 200m later my left hamstring got real tight and I had to stop. I tried walking around and stretching it a bunch, but it was still super tight when they came through at the end of their second lap, so I just walked home from there.
I'm guessing it was a combination of things that caused it: it has gotten a lot colder in the last week or so, I've been running a lot of miles, and there were no good bananas when I went to the store so I've had like three in the past week (I usually have three a day) so I might be low on potassium.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... did you always really like them or did you learn to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorta learned to, but really how can you not like a food that comes in its own wrapper, takes two seconds to prepare, isn't too small or too big, tastes pretty good, and is super-nutritious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bananas + peanut butter = awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good arguments Luke. I ate one earlier thanks to this.

    ReplyDelete