Thursday, November 24, 2011

Zack - 8

Turkey Stuffer 5km: 17:07 (5:31/mi) 17 sec PR. 23rd place

No watch nor splits which was a little strange for me. I was hoping to go sub 17 in this race but knew it was going to be tough. I felt like I was running nearly even splits but it is difficult to say. I moved up steadily after about 2 miles and then passed about 5 guys at ~2.75 mi. I didn't have much of a final kick and was passed back by a few of those guys with about 200m to go. I am pleased that my recent spike in mileage and the few strong speed workouts are proving to be successful. Enjoyed the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday at my girlfriend's mom's house in Camas, WA.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Zack! I hope to join you in the sub 18 club early next year (and hopefully you depart that club for sub 17 soon as well!)

    ReplyDelete