Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Luke - 9

25' w/u, 3x(400, 200r, 300, 300r, 200, 400r, 300, 300r) + 1x400m, 15' c/d.

Went out for Swede Johnsons but I was hurting "the wrong way"* near the end so I cut it slightly short. Did three out of the four sets plus the ending 400. Goal paces were 70, 51, and 32. Actual splits:
69, 49, 32, 50
70, 51, 34, 50
69, 51, 33, 50
69

Pretty happy with the amount of speed, especially comparing to last time I did this workout. Even though I cut it short, I feel like I could have finished it at the same paces if I'd needed to. Racing a 5k on Thanksgiving and Zack and I are both hoping for big PRs.

*A big thing for runners to learn is the difference between good-hurt and bad-hurt. Bad-hurt is usually sharper pain often in a specific location, and good-hurt is closer to general soreness, but there is a large gray area so it takes a lot of experience to differentiate and make a judgment call as to whether or not you're hurting "right".

2 comments:

  1. ah good old swede johnsons!

    good post about hurting the wrong way. reminds of at my track club when i used to see certain people breathing so hard after some of the intervals. you could always tell who was running too hard, and then inevitably those people end up skipping an interval or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyone else doing a turkey trot? i'm doing a turkey trot 10k in long beach.

    ReplyDelete