Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Luke - 7.5

Zack and I ran Rexius easy, and then I wanted to do 200, 400, 600 at 5k pace, with 200m rest in between each. The weather was not too bad on the easy part, but as soon as I started the track stuff the wind started going crazy and the rain picked up a bunch too. Came through the first 200 at 38, which felt nice and easy. On the 400 I started out okay but the wind was getting to me at the end and I ran a 79. The wind was getting worse and worse the whole time, so the 600 was awful. I could barely run coming down the homestretch, I was leaning forward like crazy and there was just a ton of resistance. Came through the 400 of it at 78 and ended at 2:00. So a bit slow, but considering the conditions it makes sense. I told Zack after that if the conditions were like that for the race on Thursday I'd be lucky to break 16:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment