Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Alison - 4

Post-weight resistance run of 4 miles in 44.5 minutes. We had yoga later; I think I really need a rest day tomorrow!

Since I haven't been improving my time much, today I went for distance. The bad news is I got bored and quit before I was tired cause I was bored -- my book on CD ended and I had been at the gym like 90 mins at this point(honestly that was probably only another few minutes). But the good news is I could have ran more -- I'd like to be able to run an hour straight again by July 2nd. Adding that extra quarter hour is going to be way harder than it seems; I haven't ran that long in ages.

We've been using bok choy as taco wraps, since they are so much less delicate and less crunchy than similar leafy greens but still have lots of iron. This works so well and I recommend it to everyone!

Products I like:
I've also been really liking Lemonade-flavored Designer Whey (they come in single serving, 50-calorie packets sweetened with Stevia). I love lemon-flavor better than anything (including chocolate), so this is a hot commodity right now. They come in orange and berry too. I like mixing the lemon with unsweetened iced tea for an Arnold Palmer protein water. yay! The protein powder isn't gritty so you can't really tell it's even in there, except it will cloud the drink up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment