Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Luke - 11.75

11.75mi, 95:08 (8:05)
Drove up to the Fox Hollow parking lot and ran West to where the trail ends at Blanton, then turned around and went pretty dang hard for what was pretty much the first 10k of the Ridgeline Ramble course, then did the 1.6-mile loop easy.  My legs and breathing felt decent for the hard portion, but my stomach was giving me trouble off and on.  My gastroenterologist hasn't figured out what's wrong with me and told me to take Immodium a half hour before my run, and if that doesn't work, he said we'd "talk about [me] running less."  (I'm not gonna do that.)  The Immodium hasn't exactly worked, but it has made things different, so I'm trying to figure out if I can take a certain amount at a certain time and figure out a way to make it work.  Anyway on the run my ascent of Fox Hollow was 8:09, which is decent after 5+ miles hard.
Yesterday I was going to run twice but on my morning run my ankles were kinda feeling weak and then at work my shin was hurting, so I decided it would be prudent to not go too crazy on the mileage, and I instead watched the Mariners somehow win a baseball game.

1 comment: