Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Luke - 7.75

7.75mi, 64:33 (8:19)
Drove up to Dillard Road and parked at the Ridgeline trailhead.  Took it West to Fox Hollow at a decent clip, then descended Fox Hollow pretty dang fast.  Took the extra loop up a hill, over a stream, and on the road for a second before heading back up Fox Hollow.  The ascent was 7:56, which is definitely decent, and was especially hard directly after the fast previous mile and a half.  Continued back East towards Dillard at a slightly more reasonable effort.  Saw someone way up ahead, and wasn't sure if it was a bicyclist or not, but then saw another flash of their green jacket and could tell they were running, probably about the same speed as me.  I picked it up to try and catch him or her, but didn't quite make it in the ~half-mile before the trail split and they went the opposite way as me.  When I got back to Dillard I stopped for a minute and was like, "Oh my, I can't breathe."  Felt like I'd done a lot more than the 4ish I'd actually done.  But because I am not weak I did not get back in my car; I instead headed down the road and then went up Mount Baldy and down the other side, then took a bunch of random trails on the side of the hill before coming back up Dillard and finishing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment