Friday, May 18, 2012

Luke - 10.25

10.25mi, 91:19 (8:54)
Have no idea how long this run actually was.  Went up to Relentless Hills and wandered around a bunch.  There was a pickup and some sort of earth mover up by The Wall, and since I didn't really want to get too near the earth mover I just went down the back side of The Wall...it's usually pretty overgrown and not great for running, but I guess the earth mover had already been over this area because it was all mowed just about flat.  And by "flat" I mean "uniform", not "parallel to the surface of the earth", because it's a giant hill.  Probably somewhere between a quarter-mile and a half-mile of really steep slope.  At the bottom I got on the road for an out-and-back because I wanted to see how long the road was (it's a bit less than a mile).  Back in the trails I wandered around a bunch, and I looked for the old overturned car that's always been there, but either I forgot where it was or someone removed it.  Probably the former.  I found a fun little singletrack trail that I haven't been on before and it ended up coming out onto a road and I had no idea where I was.  After a minute of looking around and a minute of thinking real hard I realized which road it was; I've run on it once (it's a dead end and I didn't see the trail that time) and picked someone up in the taxi there once.  I ran back to a more main road, and went up the back side of Hendricks Park on what could be called an extension of the Ribbon Trail, then down another trail in Hendricks, and took roads the last mile or two home.
I took it really relaxed today; I didn't run Wednesday because my shin was hurting and then didn't run yesterday because I was tired and lazy.  So today I just wanted to go run around for the sake of running around.  Beer Mile tomorrow!  Ridgeline Ramble a week later...I don't think I'll do quite as well as I'd hoped cause the last two weeks didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but it should be fun anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Upturned cars, earth movers - it paints a different picture in my mind when I imagine you running!

    ReplyDelete