Saturday, May 19, 2012

Luke - 2.5

Beer Mile, 7:26 (1st place)

Drank Budweiser.  I never really pushed too crazy hard...second place was thirty seconds back after a lap plus two beers, so I just kept it that way and made sure not to throw up before the finish.  Didn't throw up after, even, which is unusual for me.  Walked a few times to burp, but had a nice finishing kick the last 100m.  Might be able to take a minute off my time on my next one, in two weeks, which should have some better competition.

5 comments:

  1. Is there any kind of correlation between the quality of beer and the quality of the run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, yes. It has to be over 5% abv, but obviously you're gonna wanna keep the alcohol content relatively low. And it's better to not really taste the beer, because even good beer will want to come up if you're tasting it while you're running. I've used PBR (4.9% abv but most races allow it anyway) and Weihenstephaner Original before, and maybe a couple others, but the first time I tried Budweiser I said I'd use it for every Beer Mile after...it's almost like drinking water. After each beer there's about 50-100 meters of feeling uneasy, and then you barely feel like you drank anything.
    When are you gonna do a Beer Mile? Next time you're in Oregon you should do one with me and Chris, maybe Zack, and maybe Steve will make the trip up for such an occasion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely do one when I am in Oregon. Alison made me speed walk 1.5 miles tonight when I was still completely wasted!

      Delete
    2. OMG we were barely strolling at a brisk pace!

      Delete
  3. You won your race!!!

    I don;t know how the heck you can do that. This is definitely not a race for me, but I would love to spectate!

    ReplyDelete