Sunday, May 27, 2012

Zack - 11.2

85:17 (7:37)

Ran to the bike path along the Willamette River with Luke. We were both trying to keep things relaxed as he raced the day before and I did a long, hilly bike ride.  We cruised along easy and split back near Autzen foot bridge.  I cruised over to the short loop of Pre's to tack on a few more miles.

I want to keep up with posting my runs again as all of this activity on the blog (and new members) has provided the necessary motivation.  I was running quick early in the year before being sidelined with a stress fracture in my shin.  I took the time off from running as an opportunity to work on my swimming and biking and now I have decided to get back into triathlon as I build my mileage back up.  I raced an olympic triathlon (1500 m swim, 40km bike, 10km run) last week and had a blast.  I am looking to do a sprint triathlon on July 28th but other than that will be focusing on running races.  Excuse the long post, but I felt the need to provide a training update after such a long hiatus from this blog.

Hopefully everyone has an excellent Memorial Day!

2 comments: