Sunday, May 6, 2012

Steve - 9.54

Today was this Nike mile challenge thing. My legs didn't feel great and it was super hot out. There was like 25 people running in the sub 6 minute group. As soon as we started I went right to the back. There were lots of fast people. I hit the first lap in 81ish. Felt OK. I passed a few people in the next 200 but it started getting pretty hard. My next lap was slower, not quite sure what the split was. I tried to pick it up after 800 and passed a few more people. Just tried to alive in the next 400 to get to the ball lap. I hit 1200 in about 4:08. I knew 5:20 was basically out of the window. I tried to surge but the legs didn't have much juice. Finally got the last 100m and tried to kick as a bunch of kids that I had passed were kicking for the final 100 as well. I think 4 of us finished at about the same time. I hit the line in 5:32 high. Kind of disappointed but I think my legs were pretty beat from my 10-miler on the bark yesterday and I was kind of dehydrated too. Or I am just not in as good of shape as I thought/hoped. Afterwards, I ran 5 miles.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're just fine - 10 the day before and 5 after says it all! You just weren't fully in the zone. On a different day you would have done better.

    ReplyDelete