Saturday, April 10, 2010

Luke - 13.25

13.25mi, 97:32 (7:21)
Long run with Zack (his longest ever). We drove out of town a little bit and ran past farms and stuff. Animals seen on run: horses, sheep, cows, goats, llamas, birds, ducks, chickens, a dog, and a pony. We stayed mostly relaxed on the way out, but still kept a very decent pace, and our goal was to run a negative split. We both started getting heavy legs 3-4 miles from the end, but we pushed each other and ended up speeding up quite a bit. With two miles left I tried to put a little distance on Zack, and I came through the mile (according to the milepost signs) at 7:01, with Zack 5-10 seconds back. Then the last mile I gave the rest of what I had, which ended up being a 6:42, and finished about 20 seconds in front of Zack. My splits were 49:50 out and 47:42 back. I'm a bit sore now (60 miles this week adds to that) but the day was definitely a success.

1 comment: