Thursday, April 1, 2010

Steve - 6.3

57:44 (9:10)

I decided to repeat my river run from a few days back. I like it because it has minimal stops. My wife came along this time on bike. She joined for half the trip as I looped around the river a few times. I kept a pretty good pace, despite running a 5k time trial the previos night. One older guy was jogging and shouted out to me "Faito (fight), Faito, Champion ni nare!", which was fun. Literally, means Keep fighting and become a champion. Japanese words always end in vowels, besides 'n', so when they use foreign words that end in consonants they sound a bit different. I get strange looks from people sometimes but people are usually pretty friendly towards me. I did see another foreigner running. He was wearing a suit with a warm up jacket and pants. It looked really stupid.

I probably ran a bit longer than this, but I am trying to be conservative with my mileage estimates.

No comments:

Post a Comment