Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chris - 3.14

I'm really happy with how I felt on this run, partly because I'm running in a 5k race on Saturday morning and partly because I haven't run since Sunday. This route had a pretty big hill, mapmyrun says I ascended about 312 ft, most of that over about 3/4 of a mile during the second mile. I didn't feel that awesome going through the first mile, but going up the hill I was pushing myself really well. The hill I came down was really steep for the most part so I couldn't pick up much speed without fear of messing up my still weak hip and screwing myself over for the race Saturday. But coming into the last part of the run, even with the hill I still had a bunch of energy left to really push hard into the end and sprint to the finish. Final time was 23:50 for a pace of 7:35.

So this race I'm doing (in fact I should sign up now before I forget...hang on....ok done!) is called The Lake Run. I'm going to do the 5k Run/Walk. Based on last year's times I could get top 20! I really want to go sub 21, but I'd much rather not only beat my PR of 20:50, but even possibly destroy Steve's PR of 20:36.....we'll see about that.

3 comments:

  1. good luck chris. i thought i would have a shot at my PR last week, but I went out too slow. i think i didn't warm up enough, so make sure to get a few mins of race pace work in before you toe the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah i'm definitely going to make sure i'm nice and warm. this will be my first race i've done by myself so it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Your distance is pi. For some reason I thought that's the sort of thing Luke notices and comments on, but he hasn't.

    2. I like the shape of the route you did, it's pretty.

    3. Your 5k is a fundraiser for needy women and children! Nice one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete