Monday, May 4, 2009

Luke - 3.5

3.5mi, 21:53 (6:15)  Just had some fun.  3/4 mile into it ran a 400 on the track in 76...then felt good on the rest so did bark trail mile loops of 6:23 and 5:47.  Started raining pretty heavily a few minutes in...even though I was out there less than 22 minutes, I was soaked by the time I got back.

For those of you keeping track at home, that's 5.75 miles in two days.  Everyone will do more than me this week!

Oh some news you might find interesting--a couple of guys are going to be staying here this week...they ran in the invitational down at Stanford this last weekend and are going to be running at the track meet here this coming Saturday and they didn't want to fly back to the east coast and then fly back out to this coast again a few days later, so they asked the LetsRun.com message board if anyone in Eugene had a couch, and I Emailed them.  They're getting in tomorrow at about noon.  The guy I have been communicating with gave me his name and I looked up his results from two days ago...he was one place ahead of Galen Rupp in the 800, running 1:49.62.  There's only two other guys from his team in the results for last weekend's meet, so it's either another 1:50 guy or American Record holder in the steeplechase Daniel Lincoln.

Fast guys!

3 comments:

  1. 1:49:62...nice. do me a favor and try to find out the secret to training for the 800 from these half mile gods...

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read this on the LRC board:

    Some troll posted 60 second 400 meter run = how fast of a marathon? Here was someone's response:

    Let's see:

    60 sec / 400 m = X / 42,195 m

    60 sec * 42195 / 400 = X

    X = 6329 sec = about 1:45:30

    Call it 1:46 - 1:48 with water stops and tactics.

    I'm studying for a math test tonight(it's not simple algebra like this), but it made me laugh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. They just told me the secret to training:

    Be talented and work hard.

    Don't tell anyone, it's a secret!

    ReplyDelete