Friday, May 1, 2009

Luke - 1

Played ultimate tonight, jogged around a bit after.  I'll call it one mile on the day even though it was definitely a lot more if you include the actual game (which we won, by the way).  Also walked a lot (to and from packet pick-up; to and from frisbee game).

Going to bed right soon to be up early tomorrow.  I've fairly decided that I will run the (5k) race next weekend if I feel up for it.  If I don't run well tomorrow I'll want to race again to improve, and if I do run well tomorrow I'll want to race again to hold the peak I have.  I guess the only situation in which I wouldn't run it is if I feel dead at the end of the race tomorrow...that's a sign your peak has passed and it's time to start a new cycle.  So since I have next week if I need it, there's no pressure to be near 16-flat or anything crazy like that; I can just relax, have fun, and win a year's supply of pancake mix.

1 comment:

  1. best of luck man. that flapjack might have a tough time running in the rain, so that should give you an added buffer. (yeh i did look up the weather forecast for eugene on weather.com on a saturday night)

    ReplyDelete