Saturday, May 30, 2009

Steve - 8

Headed out to do my tempo run on short grass instead of the wood chips this week. I did just over 4 miles at a pretty good pace. The key was I didn't push or strain myself at all. The average pace ended up being 7:17, so it was really more like a steady state effort I suppose. In any case, I felt like I could have kept the same pace for another few miles. I decided to do the 5k next week, so hopefully I can get under 20 and start working towards getting under 19. I was hoping to be under 20 by June but I just need to keep putting in the work. Hopefully after the Oregon trip, I'll be able to do a tempo 5K in 20:00...

3.8 miles in 38:55 of wu/cd
4.2 miles steady in 30:39 (7:17)

Oh, I am going to a new pair of shoes this weekend. I almost got some Brooks Infinity 2s at the L.A. Marathon Expo last week. Now I'm not really sure what to get. The Infinitys supposedly don't have as much support as the Brooks Adrenaline, but weigh more by 1.5 oz. I want something with a bit less support than my Asics 2130s. I might go for the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4 They're a bit lighter and are very flexible. I never really can tell a big difference with shoes when I try them on in the store, so I might just buy them online or from a running store in Oregon so I dont have to pay tax or shipping!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any advice on which shoe to get, but the Nike Air Zoom Hayward's I have I bought online from Eastbay and I love em!

    ReplyDelete