Sunday, May 10, 2009

Steve - 9.6

Good old Sunday long run. Wanted to do about 10 miles and I was right there. It was a typical hot summer's day in L.A. I headed out to Santa Monica and ran on a dirt trail with a great view of the ocean for half the run and did the rest on a soft grass median. Tried to keep it progressive and finished pretty strong, feeling good.

Here are some quasi splits(calculated using gmaps pedometer, since I'm a stat geek:

2.08 mi.- 20:47(9:59)
2.08- 19:57(9:35)
2.72- 24:24(8:58)
2.72- 22:06(8:07)

Total distance of 9.6 in 87:14(9:04)

I beat Luke in total miles last week for maybe the only time in my life. I ran 32.4 miles this week. Shooting for 35 this week(counting today). What did everyone else run? Let's all gloat about beating Luke!

5 comments:

  1. Is that your longest run ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think so actually. i might have done about the same a few times during xc senior year. next week im going to do an 11 miler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You weren't kidding about running progressively faster throughout the run! Well done going so far.

    When are you guys counting the week? Monday to Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran .5 miles less than Luke. :(

    ReplyDelete