Saturday, May 9, 2009

Steve - 7.5

After reading about Chris smashing my PR, it was all the fuel I needed to go bang out a tough tempo run. Plan was 4 miles at slightly above 7 min/mile pace. I went to the wood chips trail in Manhattan Beach and got to work. Pretty hot outside since it was about 1:30 when I got started, but I did have a bit of a breeze. Got in an easy warmup then let it fly. After about the third mile, it started getting tough. I could tell I didn't have as much energy as usual. I made it to the 3.75 mark and I was stating to really push it,so I decided to cut it short. Finished with a couple mile cooldown and called it a day. This is the first time I work Nike Frees on the trail and I got bunch of little rocks stuck in my the grooves. Somehow my ankle got some cuts on it too. I think the opposite shoe rubbed against that leg a few times by mistake and the rocks scratched it. Rocks aside, it was a solid workout. I finished the cooldown pretty strong at about 8:30 pace for the last mile, and felt good at the end.

1.5 mile warmup 14:07 (9:24)
3.75 mile tempo run (27:20-7:14, 7:11, 7:15, 5:40(7:33 pace)
2.25 mile cooldown 21:02 (9:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment