Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chris - 8.11

I think James said awhile ago that there's a lot more to talk about with longer runs. I have to agree! So this is the farthest I have ever run, and also the first time I've run for an hour or more continuously. It went pretty well I guess. Luke said to take it easy - I don't think I had much choice! Both of my thighs were burning pretty good by the midway point, I think this is happening from overuse or something. So much for running my first 15 mile week, I'm going to use all 3 days before the Ridgeline Ramble to rest up so my legs don't bother me during the race. I don't think I've ever been more actively hungry during a run. I swear at least half the time all I could think about was what I was going to eat for dinner when I got back home. Good motivation! Also after I hit the halfway point on my out & back, I realized exactly how far I was away from home, hah. Also I passed this idiot guy - running in the dark, with the traffic, with headphones in his ears! I doubt he'd hear a car coming to hit him, because by the time I was about to pass him he looked up and just about jumped out of his shoes he was so startled. I waited a few paces before I laughed out loud at his idiocy. Final time was 69:15 for a pace of 8:32. Time to go eat the house down!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your furthest ever run!

    Getting hungry whilst still running - that's something! Do you live in a gingerbread house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! No I don't but that's probably a good thing. Then I might have been in serious trouble...lol

    ReplyDelete