Tuesday, March 9, 2010

James - 2.2

15:53

Woah! Hi guys!

Yeah, so, I suck. This has been a particularly cool-weather 2.5 months in Florida and I didn't take advantage of it to run outside more. Adjusting to college life has been hard! After commenting on one of Lukes posts that I was inspired to run, I did do one, but never could be bothered to do the measuring my new location required. That was about a month ago and it was 10 minutes.

This fares little better, and actually happened mostly because I had to turn in some last-minute work at college; hah! And it took place 4 days ago, on Friday. Still, it's an improvement. Comprising of two sections, with a 5 minute walking break, it still absolutely knackered me. Oh, and it includes some time climbing over walls, leaping bodies of water and traversing car parks. More like an obstacle course than a running track.

The shock of American car culture has been dampened by running on the no-motors-allowed trail that I use to walk to college, however, I'm sure even this will provide ammunition for my posts. For example, American teens made fun of me and pretended to tackle me as I ran past them, just like their stupid English cousins. Will my foreign accent make me more scary or undermine my retaliations? Stay tuned to find out.

If you want to find out what I've been doing whilst shirking my running duties, see my new and shiny blogspot if you haven't already (lots of posts are about eating): Culture Vultures.

Thanks for not removing Alison and I from the hall of fame, RunnerFolk!

No comments:

Post a Comment