Monday, March 29, 2010

Steve - 5.6

52:40 (9:24)

Today was my first full day in Japan. I wanted to get in a good run early this week because I am going to be traveling on Saturday, when I usually get in a long, challenging run. I am staying in a decent sized city in Tokyo, not exactly a running oasis. I headed out the door with my Nike Plus so as to capture the distance. I ran along the streets with all the pedestrians and bicyclists. I had to stop at all the many stop lights, but I found a few small rivers that I was able to run along. I found one loop around a small river that is a little more than a mile without any lights. There are a few blind intersections that have mirrors so that one can see approaching vehicles. I managed to keep a solid pace, despite all the stopping and starting. Nike Plus said I did 5.89 miles. Since I was going at a slow pace towards the beginning, it was probably off by a few tenths of a mile, so I will call it 5.6 miles to be safe.

Its pretty cold here, about 40 degrees when I ran. I guess the Tokyo winter hasnt ended yet. Its cherry blossom season so there are little cherry blossom trees everywhere. Its pretty cool. Later this week I am heading down to Kyoto and Osaka where there they are in abundance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, enjoy your trip! How long are you out there? Stay safe on the unfamiliar terrain!

    ReplyDelete