Saturday, March 20, 2010

Steve - 5.7

47:06 (8:16)

I decided to run during the early game (St. Mary's vs. Villanova) cuz there was only game going and I could watch later without commercials. That way when the other games started later in the day, I would have my run out of the way. I started out in a nice leisurely place and then hammered home the final 1.69 in 12:10 (7:12 pace). It was a pretty strong effort, certainly not all-out. I needed to push a bit, but I could have continued. I did the final part of this tempoish run at a park near my house, so I also did some strides and then jogged home.

Thanks to my excellent time management, I was able to catch all of the Northern Iowa upset over Kansas. Speaking of the tournament, I think now is a good time for me to list the top 5 annoying March Madness commercials. And here we go....

5. Intel - Jeffrey. Some dumbass going on a rant about how Intel's new Turbo chip is the company's greatest invention ever. Little does this moron know, but the company's actual best invention ever is a robot named Jeffrey standing right behind him! The incompetent bafoons next to him do some splendid facial expressions as the dumbass continues his rant. The capper is the "bum-bumbumbum" at the end where you can see all the people standing. For some reason, I just can't stand seeing all these people mouthing "bum-bumbumbum"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbifmRBBN6Q

4. Axe. The guy whose armpits shoot out water like a fire hydrant until some girl walks up to him and rubs the Axe deodorant on his armpit. This one is on the list because I haven't seen it on a tv for a few years, but they brought it back en masse for March Madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4pQs3bIiC4


3. Intel - The two dorks. A progression of two losers marveling at amazing technological innovations from different time periods in their lives. "This is completely and totally awesome." After hearing the fatass spout this off 100 times, it makes you want not live anymore. And yes, "bum-bumbumbum" with all the people is at the end of this garbage too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4pQs3bIiC4

2. KGB. The singing women montage. Horrible. Just pray to God that you don't get the melody stuck in your head. And why on Earth would someone spend 99 cents to send a text message to KGB for an answer to a question that would take only 10 seconds to find on google?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_BP8Jk4JQ

1. The Ivan Brothers! Two Viking brothers for West Eastern State. They earned the 15 seed and all the top coaches in the country testify to their skills. One brother wears a Viking helmet with horns and dunks. The other brother can shoot 3-pointers. And they wear huge Viking boots! If you're like me (and probably none of you are because I took two days off work to watch as much of the first 32 games on Thursday and Friday), you noticed that when you watch March Madness games on ncaa.com, they have a pre-roll for 15 seconds with the Ivan Brothers. Whenever you change games online, it's another pre-roll ad for 15 seconds with, yep, you guessed it, the Ivan Brothers! Oh and it's an ad for Capital One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evawTJgu6E

Honorable Mention:

The Capital One ad with the band of pillagers taking a vacation on the beach.

Please feel free to submit your most hated, annoying commercials from March Madness.

7 comments:

  1. All of those are fairly annoying except for the Axe one. I think it's pretty funny - just the sight of him spraying liquid from his underarms is pretty goofy. I also like the Diet Coke time machine one where the guy flies in right as he's about to smack a girl in the back of the head with a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh the other coke zero one where the guy clones himself got pretty annoying. where there is one clone playing with a sock puppet and another clone drops from the ceiling. i forgot about the coke zero ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely hate the Applebees commercials with a passion. Those douches piss me off. Also the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial, at the end when they have the useless little segment of the mascot firing a shirt into an afroed player. There are others that I hate too, I might come back and add them as I think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading your comment, something popped into my head.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64k26pNEkmQ

    Fuck you Reebok. This stupid song will not leave my mind. If I were to remake my list, this would be number 2.

    Good call on Applebees. That group of friends is so lame. If they were tying to make it look like the most fake group of friends ever, they succeeded.

    Oh, the Supercuts ones are pretty bad too. Where they get a haircut from SuperCuts and then "Get in confident" or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to punch that BWW commercial in the face. Who the hell would rather have a game go into overtime instead of their team winning? The whole thing is implausible and stupid. However, the small joy I get out of it is when I giggle as the guy gets shot in the nuts. But right after that his teammate hits him in the head - duuuumb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is there a company named about the Russian secret service? Seriously.

    As for the Axe ad, sounds stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Acronym for Knowledge Generation Bureau

    ReplyDelete