Monday, March 22, 2010

Steve - 7

63:00 (9:00)

I ran for about 7 miles around Griffith Park with a friend. I forgot my watch and my friend never runs with a watch, so the time is approximate. I started the clock on my phone before the run and then got stopped after we got back. I'm sure I ran at least 63 min, so there is no way I ran less than 7 miles. We started out nice and easy and settled into a nice 8:30 or so pace for most of the run. For the final 2/3 miles we were probably around 7:50-8:15 and it felt pretty good. Groin did bother me a bit, but I stopped to stretch it a few times. Still not getting worse, so that's a good sign. I think you can run through injuries as long as you don't change your form. So I will continue to do that. I'm going to Japan on Saturday morning, so I will need to get in a third run somehow on Thursday or Friday. But with NCAA tourney action on both nights, it's going to be difficult. I might need to get up really early to run. These next few days are going to be pretty chaotic with packing, basketball watching, and commuting to/from to work (since my car is still in the shop and I'm taking the bus everywhere and getting rides from friends). The good news is the repairs might be free because the part causing problem was replaced 4 months back. Anyway, I rambled on enough about all that nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment