Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Luke - 8.75

8.75mi, 68:14 (7:47)
Fox Hollow with Zack. My breathing was pretty labored to start out, after my dirty dozen this morning, so I just wanted to hit the hill fairly well. I made it my goal to get to the top in front of Zack...I managed 8:17 up, and he was about ten seconds back...if he'd PRed up it he probably would have beaten me. It was pretty dark by the time we got to the top so we descended cautiously slow, 8:31. Once on Rexius we picked it up and going fast actually made me feel better, so we both ended up killing it for a mile and a half on the bark there. About 6:15 pace overall; last few quarters were I think 92, 91, 88, 87. At twenty miles into the day I am pretty happy with that. Got home and immediately opened a beer, and now that I've showered it's about time for DoughCo. Last night at work I hatched the plan for today of 12 miles / sleep / 8.75 miles / DoughCo, and that plan is coming to fruition nicely. Great day.

1 comment: