Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chris - 15

147:48 - 9:51 pace

I did this run today with Jeeni and Nick and Jeff (Nick and Jeff are on my Hood to Coast team and are training for that). She mapped the out & back route from Jeff's house in West Linn - it was fairly flat and went through a park or two, with 3 available stops for water and bathrooms at the turnaround point. I had bought some GU energy gel when I got my new shoes earlier this week, so I carried that with me and ate it after we had been going almost an hour. The run itself went pretty well. I definitely could have done this faster if I wasn't running with the 3 of them, but the guy who wrote up the marathon training program really stresses that you shouldn't be trying to kill yourself on these longer runs...so it's probably good I had them to slow me down. My legs are definitely feeling it! I took a 12 minute ice bath after I got back and ate a bunch of food. I'm starting to feel more and more confident about not only completing the marathon, but maybe even running a half respectable time. Eight more weeks!

3 comments:

  1. well done man. that's a really long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just ridiculously impressive. 2 and a half hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! We did have some breaks when stopping for water and the bathroom, that helped.

    ReplyDelete