Tuesday, May 10, 2011

James - 3.1

5:00
----
12:54
12:42

This is a split up run, with the first being a cut-short gym visit and the rest outside this afternoon, split in two by an errand. It felt hard won though due to heat, upward slopes and sleeplessness.

I needed to get some medicine and unfortunately the dreaded Wal*mart had it for a much cheaper price than anywhere else. I found out that the nearest one was surprisingly close, next to where one of my routes turns around. I cleaned up while I was there and left-handed (Luke might remember what that means) one of these Sobe Citrus Energy drinks. (People will start talking when you click that, be warned.) It was very pleasant partway through my workout so I was sad to find it is owned by Pepsi, though given the exclusive deals large retailers tend to make with certain producers, not surprised. Running with all this stuff wasn't much fun but not a big deal.

While I am posting too-many-links-to-bother-with, right now I'm listening to this English big beat dance music DJ called Judge Jules. Click here before Saturday if you're feeling adventurous, to 1) Celebrate Luke getting time off to go to Germany (where they love this stuff) and 2) To hear electronic DJs talk about loving Public Enemy and continuing the SomeRunning hip hop theme that Steve and I have had going lately. I am not far into it yet but minutes 15-25 have some really good music if you only want to try a small segment. The repetitive beats could help with pacing!

No comments:

Post a Comment