Friday, May 6, 2011

James - 2.5

23:16

I thought this would be proof that treadmills really slow you down, but I guess it just feels that way at the time. Average of about 9:19 I think.

Today I had to return the rental African-American Literature textbook that I mentioned getting and running with in this post (featuring the lyrics of several hip hop classics). So I decided to drop it off and run back home, completing the cycle. It is typical that the textbook I have found most interesting is the one I was able to rent (and thus, of course, did, to save money). I read it until 5 minutes before the bookstore closed so that I wouldn't be "fined" the other $70 of the book. I got an A in the class!

I made several extensions to my quickest route home, including running around our complex 1.5 times before going in. I so nearly gave in when I went past our flat the first time, but the pain was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your runs are getting slightly longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks, that's what I'm trying to achieve! Maybe soon I won't be doing any under 2 miles. Which sounds pretty sad, but I am trying not to be defeatist. I do wonder if when I run whilst visiting home I will find it a lot easier and do really well due to the climate difference.

    ReplyDelete