Wednesday, May 18, 2011

James - 3.1

31:56

So, after Mondays walkabout fiasco, and Tuesday nights gym visit turned into a Waffle House visit, I decided I better go out and do well today. This run:

+ Equaled my best outdoors USA distance
+ Featured several minutes of upslope running that I haven't had much practice with since moving here (which I think makes it my best outdoor run)
+ Was barely any slower than 5K on the treadmill where it isn't quite so hot

I thought I had done 3.9miles but I measured it wrong. Also, my muscles are still hurting the day after, is that a good sign or worrying? Also, the route had brand new graffiti telling me that the end of the world is coming and that my pastor is wrong! Confusingly it said the year 2012 as well though.

2 comments:

  1. Muscles being sore is usually a good sign that you pushed yourself hard - it means the muscles broke down a bit and are building back better and stronger. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reassurance! They hurt for almost 3 days though - could simultaneously mean that I pushed myself admirably but overdid it, I suppose..

    ReplyDelete